We greatly value our employees and offer benefits that focus on professional and personal growth including mental and social health.
HMW Group is a growth-centred firm that has various discretionary benefits to motivate and reward our employees. We go beyond financial compensation alone and take pride in our ongoing commitment to personal development, health and wellbeing, and employee social engagement.
HMW Group prioritises the growth and professional development of its’ employees. We strive to advance individual growth and empowerment, ensuring all employees are motivated and reach their full potential. Particularly, we have a key focus on:
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Support – We provide flexible study options and offer financial support for ASIC Training and CA or CPA accreditations.
- Professional Registration – We cover your annual professional registration to support you in your role at HMW Group.
- Open Feedback and Communication – We prioritise open feedback and reflection between executive, senior and junior colleagues to foster your professional development.
- Career Planning – We encourage discussion around your individual career plan and nurture reflection around your progression at the firm.
- Connection to a Global Network – We are a member of Russell Bedford International which provides you with the opportunity to connect with a global network of diverse professionals.
- Access to Company Equipment – We provide employees with the equipment they need to succeed in their role. Most notably, HMW Group issues full-time staff members with a monthly technology allowance to support workplace flexibility.
Health and Wellbeing
HMW Group endeavours to create a workplace culture that is conducive to building financial wellness and a healthy work-life balance for all employees. We recognise the everchanging complexities of personal life and support our employees through their individual experiences. Key employee health and wellbeing initiatives include:
- Employee Assistance Program – We provide employees access to EAP Assist, which is a confidential counselling service for immediate support around work and personal concerns.
- Empowering Financial Wellbeing –We provide employees with internal connections to leading Mortgage Brokers in Brisbane to support you in your personal financial ventures.
- Salary Sacrificing Options – We offer various salary sacrificing options, such as a computers, superannuation or motor vehicle, to support your flexible needs.
- End of Trip Facilities – We offer end of trip facilities, such as showers and change rooms, to support your active lifestyle if you choose to cycle, jog or walk to the office.
- Annual Influenza Vaccination – We provide a free influenza vaccine annually to protect you and other staff members against seasonal strains of the virus.
- Fresh Fruit – We provide fresh fruit to staff members each week to encourage healthy eating and living.
- Financial Support in First Aid Accreditation – We have qualified First Aid Officers in the workplace and offer financial support for any staff member that wants to attain their First Aid or CPR accreditation.
- Secure HR Database – We have a secure HR Database to ensure all confidential documents remain secure. Here, you will be able to supply personal details, track your professional development, and access HR-specific materials applicable to your wellbeing management.
Employee Social Engagement
HMW Group hosts various social engagements that drive our dynamic and collaborative workplace culture. Working at our firm will provide you with the opportunity to build lasting connections that develop your personal and professional networks. Importantly, we celebrate our achievements and foster team growth through engagements such as:
- Social events celebrating firm milestones – We have three main events throughout the year to celebrate staff achievements. They include our end of financial year party, our Melbourne Cup luncheon, and our Christmas party. Notably, these are well-regarded by all staff members and offer an environment outside of the workplace to connect with different colleagues.
- Casual Friday and Fortnightly Staff Snacks and drinks – We have a business casual Friday policy each week and host a fortnightly drink and snack session to foster inter-team connection and reflection around the work week.
- Morning Teas – Each month we host a morning tea alongside our firm-wide meetings. This is another opportunity where you can connect with different colleagues across HMW Group and be recognised for outstanding contributions to the organisation.
- Corporate Games – Each year HMW Group participates in the Corporate Games to foster inter-team collaboration and growth. Here, we socialise and compete against other businesses from Brisbane through sporting events such as running, netball and soccer.