The QUT Career Mentor Scheme is an initiative of the QUT Alumni Board which facilitates a relationship between a student and an industry professional.
It acts as a transitional link for students by helping them to make the transition from study and integrate them into the Australian or international workforce.
A mentor acts as a guide, a source of information, and a sounding board for students, offering guidance and encouragement in their chosen field of expertise.
Students will typically seek help in looking at long-term career goals, advice on study options and view the mentor as a case study of someone elses career to date.
- Provide 1st year or 2nd year Accounting students with an opportunity to have a mentor
- Provide students with work experience of one day per week
- Give students the opportunity to progress and become HMW Group Graduate Accountants
- Obtain practical experience
- Get an understanding of what an Accountant does in Public Practice
- Having a sounding board
- Access to various knowledge base platforms (eg CCH, Seminar Notes, people etc) Career guidance
- We have been involved since 2005
- We have very close links with the scheme Co-coordinator
- A number of our Accountants have come through the Mentor Scheme